1. Eligibility: The “Texas Flute Society Region Etude YouTube Contest” (the “Contest”) is free to enter and open to any Texas high school student who has approval of a parent or legal guardian to participate. Texas Flute Society membership is not required of the entrant; however, the entrant must agree to be available to participate in the George Pope masterclass scheduled for September 27, 2014, from 10:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at Colleyville Heritage High School in Colleyville, Texas.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules (“Rules”) and accept that the decisions of TFS that are final in all matters related to the Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted until [11:59:59 p.m.] [CT] on September 20, 2014, (the “Contest Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: To enter, entrant must create one video per region etude during the Contest Period and complete the Submission process below. Since there are three (3) etudes, the Submission form will allow the links to all videos to be submitted at once, but multiple Submissions will be allowed if the entrant chooses to record and submit the etudes separately.
The online entry form can be found on the TFS website at www.texasflutesociety.org/etude-contest-entry-form. Entries that do not include all the required information and adhere to the Rules will be considered void. TFS shall not be responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete Submissions. TFS shall determine in its sole discretion if a Submission meets the Contest Requirements and otherwise complies with the Rules.
5. Terms of Submission: Limit one (1) Submission per person/authorized YouTube account holder for each etude: C Major, Bb minor and C# minor.
There is a maximum of 3 submissions – one for each etude. You may delete your Submission at any time before the Contest Period ends. By participating in the Contest you permit public display of your entry materials and public voting in connection with your Submission.
6. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest, you agree that TFS will have the right to use all or a part of your Submission, your name, photographs, voices, statements and images of all persons appearing in the Submission for future publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised, without compensation and without notice to you, and review or approval from you; and
7. Submission Guidelines: TFS maintains the right to disqualify any Submissions that it deems to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by TFS, in its sole discretion. Video Submissions must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service and YouTube Community Guidelines set forth at www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines and all non-complying Submissions will be disqualified.
8. Selection: Public Voting: Online voting which is accomplished by ‘liking’ the video ends at [11:59:59 p.m.] [CT] on September 20, 2014, (the “Voting Period”). Members of the public who register for an account on YouTube can go to the link of a submitted video during the Voting Period and ‘like’ the video to vote for the Submission of their choice. Use of personal social media accounts, blogs and websites to direct participants to voting site is permissible and encouraged.
9. Winner(s): The three (3) winners (“Winners”) will be selected and announced on September 21, 2014, from all eligible Submissions received. There will be one winner selected for each etude. If you are selected as a Winner based on the highest number of ‘like’ votes, you will be notified by the email address or phone number from your online entry form. If a selected winner does not attend the master class, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible Submissions. There are no fees for the entrants to submit Submissions. If an entrant wins an etude contest, the entry fee for that entrant to the event is waived.
All decisions of the TFS in selecting the Winner(s) are final and binding on all entrants in all matters relating to the Contest.
10. General Conditions: TFS reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time (subject to approval of the TFS board), if it is determined that the Contest cannot be run as originally planned or if fraud or any other occurrence comprises the fairness or integrity of the Contest.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, YOUTUBE.