The Texas Flute Society is organized for the purpose and objectives as follows:
- to further the activities and education of flutists in North Central Texas
- to sponsor concerts, workshops, clinics, masterclasses, and festivals at which members and guest artists can perform and disseminate information, and
- to direct our efforts toward cultural and educational values in and for the general community, striving for activities with a public interest wider than that of members and contributors.
The Texas Flute Society is organized exclusively for charitable, educational purposes.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Texas Flute Society is an organization structured with the purpose of furthering the activities and education of flutists in North Central Texas. We are committed to equitable diversity and inclusion of the flute community and thrive to celebrate the visible and invisible qualities of the rich cultural and distinct contributions from our flute community.
Achievement of diversity and inclusion involves a broad representation of our flute community, including race, color, nationality, ethnicity and cultural background, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, disabilities, education, global geography, religion, as well as other factors that shape creative perspective and professional experience.
We understand that achieving equity is a continuous process, and we seek to maintain the highest standards of ethics, transparency, and accountability.
Therefore the Texas Flute Society pledges to:
- Celebrate diversity and inclusion in our programming
- Foster open and constructive discussions amongst all members and the flute community as a whole
- Promote cultural and professional musical diversity and inclusion within our board and membership
- Communicate and share content respectfully and with inclusive representation