Tips for Filling out Solo & Ensemble Entry Forms
To streamline the processing of Solo & Ensemble entries, please review the following tips for properly submitting your form:
- Read the entire brochure first.
- Make copies of the Festival Schedule for your students.
- A separate registration form must be prepared for each student. We only accept entries on copies of the official form.
- Every page should have the teacher’s name. Check all appropriate boxes and fill in all requested blanks. The ensemble category may be chosen from the “Ensemble Categories” list. Please do not make up your own category! Adult performers do not need to list a teacher’s name if not applicable.
- The accompanist’s name must be listed (unless a solo is specifically written for flute alone). This is very important as we schedule by accompanist to make sure the performance day runs smoothly. Since our festival promotes live music performance, we do not sanction the use of recorded accompaniment.
- A membership application is included for your convenience. A separate form should be filled out for each person who has not paid their membership dues. Membership runs for a calendar year from January to December. If you have a new address, telephone number, or e-mail address, be sure to indicate it on the information change blank.
- Please sign up to volunteer! If you can provide several volunteers, please include an extra page with names and phone numbers!
- Please pre-order T-shirts and patches! We know that it’s extra work for you, but we only order a few extras and don’t want anyone to miss out.
- The fee page is very important.
This will help us put together the schedule faster, our record keeping stay in order, and keep important information for future grant writing. We look forward to seeing and hearing you at the TFS Flute Festival!