41st Annual Texas Flute Festival, May 16-18, 2019 – Denton, TX
The Masterclass Competition provides an opportunity for flutists of all ages to perform for our Guest Artists. The 2019 competition includes:
- College & Adult Solo Masterclass with TBA
- High School Solo with TBA
- Junior High School Solo with Martin Godoy (winner of the 2018 Myrna Brown Competition)
Procedures and Deadlines
- To participate in this competition, applicants must apply online, upload their mp3 recordings (any flute solo of your choice), and pay the nonrefundable application fee ($25) using the form below.
- Entries must be submitted by March 1, 2019
- There must be NO identifying personal information in the MP3 tags of the recording.
- Recordings will be coded and sent to a judging committee.
- Works written for flute and accompaniment must be recorded using both instruments.
- Performers who wish to play for a specialist on Friday or Saturday at the festival must apply using the festival registration form.
- All entrants must be current members of the Texas Flute Society in order to participate. Entrants may join either before the competition application is submitted (use the Individual Membership Application form) or when the competition application form is submitted.
- Selected performers will be notified by late April.
For more information, please contact the Competition Coordinator.